Friday, April 16, 2010

I feel that McCandless would have changed a lot, had he made it out of Alaska alive. First off, I think that he would have made contact with some of the friends he made along his journey, especially the man he worked for in North Dakota. Through his journey it seemed like he became really close to them, and would feel inclined to go back and visit them. He might stay there and just work with that man for the rest of his life, or do other things. I feel that he would definately go back and visit his little sister. he had said that she was one of the only people that he could trust and that understood him. I think that it would have been important for him to at least let her know that he was fine. I don't think that he would have made amends with his parents, since I'm not sure that he has gotten over the lies from his father. He never seemed that worried about them during any of his long trip, so I don't think that he would have told them anything after he had gotten out, although they would have most likely heard something from his sister. Although he may have realized many things about society while he was in the wilderness, I feel that he would have not required the material goods in society. Therefore, he probably wouldn't get a real job, since he would not want to spend it on anything. He wouldn't go back to school, since he would feel that his life was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment